Pages

1/29/2015

Obsession with wall art

Lately I have been super obsessed with wall art. I love the idea of a gallery art wall collage type thing. I want all different shapes, sizes and colours of picture frames with really bold chic prints in them scattered around one wall. I started looking around for prints and damn are they ever expensive! I checked my local book store and they are around $20-$60 for one. Im sorry but I am a struggling university student who lives alone in the city I cannot afford to decorate one wall in my apartment for $500. I started watching a lot of youtube videos of D.I.Y art walls and I came across this one girl explaining how she did hers. Im not sure of her name but damn she gave me the best idea. She used old frames she had laying around her house or from the dollar store and she spray painted them. I have tons of frames so that wasn't an issue for me, and I picked up some spray paint at wal-mart for under $5. I got a nice gold, white, and aqua blue. Heres the best part, for the prints she used this D.I.Y Gallery Art Pad she got from Michaels. The sucky part is that they don't carry these at Michaels in Canada. I did track these pads down online and I ordered one which cannot get here fast enough.. They are under $15 and come with 18 sheets inside, Im guessing 18 different prints.

Honestly I cannot wait to get these in. I have all my frames picked out and painted now Im just missing the prints. Im planning on doing this above my T.V and taking up about half of the wall. Im hoping that it turns out exactly how envisioned it. You can order your own D.I.Y Gallery Art Pad here. I ordered the "Love" one, and I am really thinking about ordering the "American Girl" one. I think they have about 8 different kinds. I love them all so much and cannot believe I never knew about this before. I will definitely be posting pictures when my wall is all finished and I hope it inspires some of you!

No comments:

Post a Comment