Pages

2/11/2014

Room Renovations

I recently re-did my room because I was so fed up of the shade of pink it was.. Every time we would have company over and my room would be shown I would always hear the same comments, "Awh look at the cute princess room.." Okay whoa, I am 22years old not 4years old.. It really started getting on my nerves and I could not take it anymore. I knew that I wanted a very neutral plain look, nothing special. I found this wallpaper at my local hardware store for $39.95 a roll (I needed 2 rolls) and the paint is Rona Eco in shade cotton which matched the flowers on the wall paper exactly. Whats great about this paint is that it is recycled so it only cost me $17.95 for one gallon which was more than enough for two coats in my room. Considering one whole wall is wall papered one whole wall is pretty much closet and one whole wall is pretty much window (Fairly small room). I picked up a coupled new throw pillows and pillow cases to match the new decor, as well as a new bed spread and a couple new things you'll see throughout the pictures!


My bedspread is from wal-mart and all the throw pillows are from home sense. The two grey pillow cases are also from home sense. The two pink throw pillows on the chair are from home depot and the tiny white one is from home sense. 


I love how cute this end table is. The only thing I think I might want to change up is the flower in that vase. Maybe some kind of blue flower? A metallic silver flower would be ideal but where to find that?


This is another new addition the old style metallic vase. It was originally $60.00 and I got it on sale for $9.00 I died!! When I saw it I knew I had to have it no matter the price, the price being dropped that low was just the cherry on top! It goes great with the decor/theme of the room.


No comments:

Post a Comment