Pages

1/24/2014

My Jewelry Armoire

After much search I finally found the jewelry armoire I was looking for. It is from the MALM collection at Ikea and I already have the dresser (You can see part of it on the right) as well as the night stand. Which is a bonus that I can have all matching furniture! I picked this up yesterday and put it together all by myself, I am so freaking proud of myself! (Lol) It did indeed take me about 1.5 hours but the point is I did it all by myself! 

The top shelf is actually a lid and it opens up, then it has two small drawers, and four big ones. Very convenient and it holds a ton of stuff! I play on using the top lid, and the two small drawers for jewelry storage then all of the big drawers for some kind of clothing storage (I have too many clothes..)



This is what the top looks like, you open the lid and it has a mirror and the shelf is lined with felt to keep your jewelry in place (I need to get more felt for the next few drawers as well as some kind of rind holder.)



This is a closer look at the top. I decided to store all of my necklaces in this one. They actually all fit perfectly. I am more of a tiny delicate less statement kind of necklace girl, if that made any sense at all?! I don't own too many because I am not a huge necklace fan, I'm all about the rings.. You'll see!



This is the first drawer, it holds my bracelets and dangly earrings. Again I don't have many bracelets or dangly earrings. I prefer stud earrings. Which I store in a crystal bowl on my dresser.



In the second small drawer I store all of my rings. This is my jewelry item of choice (Obviously) I love rings so much! Some are cheap ones (Forever 21, Le Garage etc) And some of them are family given too me from my grandmother and aunt. 

That is as far as I got so far but at least all of my jewelry is now together and has a home! I purchased some storage boxes for inside of the other drawers they are material and white. I plan to organize some clothing and these bins are definitely going to be very useful!

No comments:

Post a Comment