Pages

12/23/2013

Book Review: Gemma


I just finished reading this book two nights ago. I read the whole thing cover to cover in about three days. I found this book really interesting and I couldn't put it down, it was super thrilling. It is about a girl who lives with her mom and step dad. Her step dad molests her and she can't seem to get away from it because he convinced her that she is in the wrong, and if she were to tell anyone about it she would get in trouble. (Horrible I know, I got super angry but then I had to remind myself it is a book). Her step dad introduces her into one of his friends and he "Sells her body" to this guy for money. After this one time with this guy, he winds up getting very obsessive and abusive. He stocks her outside her school, her house, and watches her every move. One night she goes out to get some food and he kidnaps her right in front of her house. He drives, and drives, and drives until they end up far away from her home town and he rapes her repeatedly and abuses her. She gets very sick and skinny and she starts to throw up a lot so he takes her to the hospital out there and makes her change her name so no one will know who she is. When she gets to the hospital she finds out that she is pregnant, and the doctor finds out that she is being abused and raped and orders her to tell this man that she needs to come back later this afternoon for an ultrasound (But actually it is for the police to catch him, and arrest him). He falls for it and takes her back to the hospital for the "Ultrasound" and winds up getting shop by a police officer. They put him in custody and she goes to an orphanage. Her mother finds her and turns out she doesn't want anything to do with her ever though she knows that her husband was abusing her and she leaves her in the orphanage. The girls gets very close with one of the detectives on the file and the lady and her husband decide to adopt her. She moves into this wonderful house and has this wonderful life with this happy couple. 

I love how nice this story end but I find it ends too soon. It ends with the case going to court but then before they come to an agreement it ends. I really wish there was a second book that continued the story just a bit, I would really like it to have more about her mother and step father. I didn't want to ruin the whole book just incase you want to read it, so I didn't include every single thing that happens, there are so pretty interesting things that happen!

No comments:

Post a Comment