Pages

1/05/2015

Apartment Tour - Bedroom

It has been 6 months since I moved to the city! I moved out of my moms home and about 15 minutes away, to downtown Montreal. I absolutely love my little space so much and I am so grateful to have the opportunity to live here. It is a small 3 1/2 apartment with one full living room, one full bedroom, one full bathroom, and one full kitchen. I also have 3 closets, can we say thank god, and one cubby for coats by my entrance way. I decided to start with my bedroom tour because it is the one room that I love watching/reading about. It is not big, but it is perfect for me and after 6 months I finally got it how I want it. Keep in mind I live in a building that is very old, built in the early 1900's to be exact, and mostly everything is original. So without further ado lets jump in!

Next to my bed on the left hand side I have a cute little chair. Honestly I never sit in it, but it needed a home and I thought it fit perfectly there. I got it from Ikea, which is where most of my thing are from. Mind you, I am a student which means I don't make a great income presently, I'm sure all my feller students get me on that one, so most of my stuff is from ikea or vintage/antique stores. On top of my chair are two throw pillows that I found in clearance at a Home Sense a.k.a Home Goods. On the left of that I have my cute little clothing rack from Ikea. This is a good piece because its extra storage for clothing and it lets me display my pretty/cute items. On there I have 8 of my favourite tops/dresses out for display! Underneath I have some shoes that I really do not want to keep there, I'm thinking of buying a rack that hangs on the inside of my closet or maybe moving them to my living room closet, not too sure! 

To the left of that is one of my dressers. This is from Ikea and it is great because it holds a lot of clothing but doesn't take up too much space which is a big plus. On top I have a mirror from Home Sense and a vintage perfume holder that was my grandmothers. 

This is my bed, once again from Ikea. I love this bed, I think it is so feminine and classy looking. My throw pillows are from Home Depot, weird I know, and my white frilly throw is from Ikea. The picture above the bed is from T.J Maxx and no it is not crooked, it is just how I took the picture, don't judge I'm a blogger not a photographer.

To the right hand side of my bed is my night stand. I sleep on the right side so that is why I like my night stand there. It hold my lamp, some picture frames, a candle, and my current book I am reading and journal. I absolutely love this 2 accent shelves on my wall, I just put them up yesterday! I find that they add the extra oumph that wall was seeking for without over doing it or making the room look smaller. I still haven't decided what I want to put on them yet, we shall see!

To the left of my door way I have my other dresser/jewelry organizer. This houses my jewelry in the top, it opens up, and in the first drawer. Some extra makeup in the second drawer, and clothing in the big drawers. This thing is great, I love it so much. On top I just have some picture frame and a pumpkin caramel latte candle from Bath & Body Works, where else!

To the right of my door, to the left of my closet, is my desk area. I like to keep this are very simple with just my scentsy burner and a cute notebook. My desk and chair are both from 2 different antique stores and the picture above it was one of my Christmas gifts from my boyfriend this year. The carpet in front is from Home Sense, I got it on sale for under $20, steal?

I had to take a picture up close of my notebook thats on my desk, how cute?

This is an extra little cute picture I took to show how old my place really is. We have these old heaters, I can't control them by thermostat its all by hand with the knob on the bottom right. Some people don't enjoy this but I absolutely love this. I think it gives my apartment that cozy old fashion cottage feel, which is so me. And you would be surprised how much heat they give out. 

I really hoped you enjoyed this post because it is going to be like a series, I'm planning on doing a tour of my whole apartment, room by room of course!

No comments:

Post a Comment